8 SIGNS SHE'S A GOLD DIGGER
8 Signs She's a Gold Digger
March 17, 2013 at 4:06pm
Every guy likes to wine and dine his woman, but when extravagance and material possessions become the focal point, one has to question whether the relationship is based on genuine love or just money. If you are suspicious that the woman you are dating is more interested in your wallet than you, here are 8 warning signs that your girlfriend is a gold digger.
1. She only suggests expensive gifts, trips, restaurants, etc. A gold digger will turn her nose up at heartfelt, sentimental gifts because she is eager for gifts that are caked with money and expects nothing less than 4 star accommodations and food venues, shopping at designer stores and exotic vacations.
2. She has temper tantrums when you don't buy her things A gold digger has the emotional age of a child and will not hesitate throwing a tantrum when things don't go her way--especially when you refuse to buy something for her or give her more money.
3. She's overly concerned about your financial status A gold digger is interested in hearing about your career and financial status from day one. She is a very manipulative woman who pretends to be interested in you by asking questions about your occupation so she can discover your job title, measure your earnings' potential and ensure that you have plenty of income to spend on her and support her lifestyle.
4. She never pays for anything When it comes time to pick up the check for a dinner, a movie or just about anything else the two of you are undertaking-- she is nowhere to be found. If you are the one who is constantly shelling out money in the relationship, that should be your sign that she's just using you.
5. She feels entitled A gold digger will walk around feeling entitled to the good life without feeling any need to lift a finger to achieve it. Since she craves status and doesn't have long-term goals, the gold digger expects to drive a brand new car with luxury features and wear expensive shoes without feeling any need to earn her own money to achieve it. This type of high-maintenance woman feels that it's her right to be able to pursue her big dreams at the expense of financial stability, and, coincidentally, hasn't considered who will foot the bill.
6. She attempts to trap men into pregnancy Everybody knows that unless a woman decides to artificially inseminate herself, conceiving a child takes is a two person act and if you decide to have unprotected sex with a woman, then you should be man enough to accept the consequences. However, a gold digger will insist on having unprotected sex and will use lines like "I can't feel it with the condom on, just take it off" and attempt to use guilt trips on you, i.e., "If you love me, why do you need a condom?"
A gold digger hopes to get pregnant so she can use it to her financial advantage as she sees kids as a lifelong financial insurance policy. She will intentionally stop using her birth control without you knowing and will even go as far as tampering with condoms prior to intercourse, i.e., putting a pin through her boyfriend's condom package without him ever suspecting it.
7. She heavily relies on others A gold digger knows that you don't want to see her get an eviction notice, or get her car repossessed, and you're a good person who will always be in a position to help, right? Wrong. There's a big difference between someone who's just fallen on bad times and a woman that completely relies on others for fulfilling her costs of living and purchasing needs.
8. She lacks any career aspirations A gold digger will avoid the subject of getting a job and demonstrate that she has no intention of ever developing a career outright even she is perfectly capable of doing so.
Dr. John Ortiz Teope